Thursday, May 1, 2014

Blog Cleaning and Thursday Thoughts.

I have a confession to make, I've never been a friend of clutter. I like having nice things but I just can't handle having too many things. I clean out my closets, my kitchen cabinets, my drawers and my make-up bag at least twice a year. So the other day I woke up with the thought that it was time to clean out my blog. I might have done something that you could consider a bit crazy, I deleted over 200 posts (I only saved the posts from 2014). First I was a bit scared that I would regret it but I have to say that I feel happy and my blog is finally clean and clutter free.

Luckily there's other things on my mind than decluttering and I thought I would share a few of my random thoughts this Thursday:

I've had a day off today (it's a bank holiday) and there's nothing better than having a day off in the middle of the week. I love the weekends but they can be a bit stressful because there's so much you want to squeeze into those two days. But today has just been relaxing and nice. 

Daniel and I watched the Butler yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I don't know why but I just find American history extra interesting.

I'm going to the movies to see Divergent this weekend and I'm really excited about it! Have you seen it yet? What did you think?

I've finally found the inspiration to start reading again! I'm currently reading the Woman in Black by Susan Hill. 

6 comments:

  1. You're so brave deleting old posts! I kinda wanna do that too, but then I wont be able to look back and laugh and some of my first posts haha. Oooh I really wanna see divergent too - have you read the books?

    http://thriveonnovelty.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely lady! Can't believe you deleted it all. Although I deleted mine completely so… Let me know what you think of the book - the movie was too scary for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful! I LOVE cleaning things out. I do something weekly! HA! That will slow down for sure once the baby arrives. Cleanliness and organization make room for more creativity. I totally understand. Have a great weekend! That extra day off always makes for a truly leisurely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes get into that mood as well, usually at about 3 am when I want to just clear out EVERYTHING and start over. I deleted a couple of posts here and there, but 200 is a major rehaul. At least you're happier with the end results now.

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a similar thing on my blog recently too, I never had 200 to delete seeing as my blog is relatively new and I have just started being a more dedicated blogger. But sometimes thats just what we need, to declutter and make it feel like there is more room.
    Good on you to do what you felt needed to be done even on a major scale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes having a declutter is the best thing ever!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete